Monday, July 7, 2008

Another day with Grandkids!

Fabulous day today with Lili, Jason and my son Jeff. We had lunch at the mall and then saw a movie: Lili and I saw Wall-E and the boys saw Hancock. They really enjoyed Hancock even though the ratings have been bad. Lili love Wall-E. She's 9 yrs old. After movie we hit the Racquet Club for the kids to swim and then have ice cream and get Jason a haircut.

I have 4 grandchildren that want to spend time with me so I'm seeing my 2 in Tucson as much as possible. The 2 grandsons in Prescott call me often. We need to drive up there to see them.

Jeff and I talked today while the kids were swimming. About how there really isn't a textbook to tell anyone how to be a parent. There are so many things I would like to tell young mothers about my experiences, but they really don't want to listen - including my d-i-law. There is no way to tell them that they can hurt their children so easily with such a simple word or look. And embarrass them in front of friends without thinking about what they've done.

I watch Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC - they have 8 children. I admire the mom for her organization and how well she handles all 8 children. They have 2 girls, twins, and tried to have one more child and ended up with sextuplets!

1 comment:

Paintress Gretchen said...

Your grandkids sure are lucky to have you in their lives!