Saturday, March 1, 2008

For my Aunt Kathryn - Young Aunt!!!

Kathryn and I sort of grew up together. She is the youngest of my mom's sisters.

Kathryn, I didn't design the blog. If you sign up for blogspot.com, you just choose your template and go!

Teenagers are just rebellious and when they get with friends who are doing drugs, they don't even think - they just do it. I saw grandson again last night and his attitude is better every day. He is antsy to get out of juvie but going directly to rehab. He's such a sweet kid normally. Drugs ruin the thinking parts of the brain. He is allowed 2 visits per week, 2 people each time and I'm the only one who has visited him so far. He has a counseling meeting every Saturday with his parents. Lili is not allowed to visit. Jeff will see him tomorrow. And Tuesday is the hearing for disposition.

Jeff lost weight because he joined the Racquet Club. He goes there almost every day, riding his bicycle there, and works out and swims. He has lost almost 20 lbs. His clothes are too big for him. I joined the Club also but we mostly just have lunch there and when Lili is with me we play ping pong and tennis and swim. She loves it there. Bob won't go except to have lunch. He doesn't exercise at all, but is doing well with his new hip. This problem with Steven is debilitating to his health though. No end in sight currently.

Bob is away today and tomorrow selling at the annual antique toy show here. I've actually been ironing this morning - found the iron and the board, but the board cover is disintegrating from age. Can't remember the last time I used it! Bought a new dust ruffle for our bed and had to iron it! Why can't they come pressed! :o) Cleaning house for guests tomorrow night - I'm cooking a Pennsylvania Dutch dinner: pork chops with applesauce, onion pie, dried corn and for dessert lemon sponge pie and funny cake pie. Bob loves it when we invite friends for dinner because he gets to eat better than when we are alone! :o)

No comments: